Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HotSpot Feature for iPhone 5
MilaJo

How do I use my HotSpot feature on my iPhone 5? Do a need to download something from the App Store?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HotSpot Feature for iPhone 5
Ann154
Expert
Expert

What kind of plan do you have?  Unlimited smartphone data?  tiered data plan? Share Everything plan?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
MilaJo

Share Everything.

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

The Mobile Hotspot is included with the Share Everything plans.  Your shouldn't need to download anything.  You can just turn it on.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
MilaJo

On my previous phone (HTC Thunderbolt) there was a HotSpot app that was preloaded on my phone. The iPhone does not have this. I may need to download it from the App Store, but not sure of the correct one of there is one.

0 Likes
MilaJo

Ok, I found it. I had to go to Settings, then Cellular and Open the Hotspot there.

Thanks for your help!!

0 Likes
JBTC

While in Hot Spot, which is best to use: a thethered USB to your PC or the wireless connection?  Does either use less data transfer or are the transmissions through the I5 the same?

0 Likes
MilaJo

Not really sure about the data transmission. The only way I've used my Hot Spot was wirelessly. I haven't had any connection issues at all.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hi there Jbtc!

Staying connected while on the go is super important! Really good questions. There really isn't a difference in tether versus hotspot.

I recommend hotspot as less plug/unplug just for the sake of your ports!

Thanks,

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
AFENI81

Are there any additional charges for using the phone as a personal hot spot?

0 Likes