How can I access carrier update
IVYROWE1

I updated a 5 to iOS 10 Using iTunes. Then I was asked to update carrier. Unsure of this update, I canceled. Now I can not access the carrier update. Without the carrier update, the phone does not access wi-fI for phone calls. How do I access the carrier update. It is not available in settings ... general ... about or in settings ... cellular. When I click software update I t just says phone is up to date With iOS 10.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: How can I access carrier update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for giving those updates a try, IVYROWE1. There’s actually a few easy to follow steps to update your phone’s carrier settings through iTunes at https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-65487/

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
IVYROWE1

I followed the steps above and they didn't access the update. When I used cord to connect phone to computer, photos opened, but iTunes did not. I opened iTunes manually and followed the steps provided. 

When I go to general ... about ... it says the carrier version is Verizon 25.1. I know I need an update because it asked me to update the carrier after I updated from iOS 8.1 to iOS 10.0.1, but I cancelled. I do not have the option to use wifi for phone calls, so I know I need a carrier update. I live in a dead zone and cannot use my phone except through my wifi setup. Help! How can I access the Carrier update?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that you receive that Carrier Update. If the instructions previously provided do not work, I would recommend backing up your device and performing a reset. This way, you are guaranteed to get an alert concerning the update. If you continue to not receive any information concerning updating the Carrier settings, please let us know.

HarleyE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes