How can I get my data to reset?
kdcahill

Usually my data cycle ends on the 6th of each month and begins on the 7th. I have unlimited talk and text and 2GB of data each month. But this month it seems my data reset it just continued on last months data causing overages and charging me. All the reps I've talked to tell me is that my data reset and that I just went over but when I look at the amount  I used since the seventh it tells me I haven't even used 1GB which makes no since when it says that I'm 1.5GB over my plan. Can some one help me figure this out?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How can I get my data to reset?
TheNatural
Contributor - Level 1

Definitely sounds like a billing error, I would recommend calling them and having them credit you and also see if they can file some type of ticket to address the bill cycle usage. If your phone says the usage isn't 1.5GB then you have a problem with reporting on their end.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hmm, let's get to the bottom of your data usage kdcahill. I know how important it is to ensure you are being billed correctly. You are correct, if your bill cycle ends on the 6th, your new 2 GB allowance would start on the 7th. If you dial #DATA from your handset what usage details does it give you? Where did you look at your unbilled usage from the 7th? Also, if you sign into your My Verizon account online, does the data meter show you have already exceeded your allowance?

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
kdcahill

Michelle, 2 days ago my data reset and everything was good and just now it went back to over 3 GB? What is going on?

-

Verizon Wireless Customer Support <forums@verizonwireless.com> wrote:

Verizon Wireless Customer Support created the discussion

"How can I get my data to reset?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/1263223#1263223

>

0 Likes
kdcahill

A couple of days ago it did reset to 0% and just now it is back over 100% WHAT IS GOING ON?????

-

TheNatural <forums@verizonwireless.com> wrote:

TheNatural created the discussion

"How can I get my data to reset?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/1263086#1263086

>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
kdcahill,

This information is definitely puzzling.  We'd love to find out what's going on and clear this up with you. I'm going to send you a Private Message so we can access your account details. Thank you.

TrevorC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes