How can I temporarily suspend ALL services on just one line
knittingqueen

I use the phone as a disciplinary tool for my 14 yo daughter.  When we had androids, the "lock" feature rendered them just a piece of plastic.However Apple will not allow this feature to be used with iphones.  (wish I would have known that before I bought them).  I have limited data to 0 and blocked the phone on the block feature.  I have even gone into the modem and blocked the device from our network.  But with all the xfinity hot spots everywhere, she can still get wifi.  Any suggestions to avoid the high drama and possible violence of physically removing the phone now and then?

thanks

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: How can I temporarily suspend ALL services on just one line
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

If there is a possibility of violence over a phone, I say take it away and never give it back. If she needs a phone for emergencies you could try a flip phone with lots of blocks on it or get her a GizmoPal.

I don't know of anyway to block the use of Wi-Fi over an open network. You could look into an app, though I'm just reaching with that.

0 Likes
Re: How can I temporarily suspend ALL services on just one line
knittingqueen

Thanks I did think of that. The discressions are not always that severe but if I replace it with a flip phone for a week or a month or even 2 months, that should be the lesson.

0 Likes