How did I get $500 overcharge for Texting?!
Wonjun4862

Hi, I'm a highschool student in CA. I was in a plan with my guardian that had 1000 free messages, but last month, I thought it was not enough so I told my guardian to change it to unlimited message and calling. However, she could not change it and I thought we had unlimited messages so I used it as much as I wanted. She got the bill that was over $500 overcharged and she is not willing to pay for it and I cannot ask my parents for money for it either. I don't know. Eventhough it is my fault that I did not know right, I feel like $500 is too much just for text messages. I really do not know what to do. Please tell me if there is a way.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: How did I get $500 overcharge for Texting?!
Weth
Legend

It is 10 cents per message over the limit, either in or out, so that is 5000 messages over.  Why did you not confirm before using? 

Your only hope is to call Verizon, explain your situation and try to get the cost reduced by adding the plan retroactively Or a possible 1 time reduction.  Certainly is a long shot though and no guarantee.  Good luck, a very expensive life lesson. 

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Wonder how many of those texts are things like WTF, LOL, or similar. My kids used to drive me nuts. You have 180 characters use them. At least form a few good sentences.

I think what happened was the plan wasn't backdated and you got overages.

Weth
Legend

I know what you mean. I have 13 year old now.  The latest is to send a blank text after a series of texts, like a 10-4 To indicate you are done sending a series of LOLs and  emoticons. 

Tidbits
Legend

That is the one thing that amazed me is the kind of conversation kids can have with 5 or fewer letters.

Loquat
Master - Level 1

It's been said that good judgement comes from experience...and experience often times come from a lot of bad judgement.  Those words hold true in this situation...a hard and $$$ lesson (hopefully) learned.

0 Likes