Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
How do I block numbers through FamilyBase on the iPhone 5S?
Rosetta2k

I blocked a couple of numbers on my daughter's phone using FamilyBase.  Although she cannot make phone calls to these numbers, she can still text to these numbers.  Isn't Blocked really Blocked?  I don't want her to be able give or get texts to these numbers.  What's the deal?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Blocking numbers through FamilyBase on the iPhone 5S
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I know how important it is to make sure your daughter's line is safe, Rosetta2k. Do you know if the sender has an iPhone or other iOS product? Family Base is able to block calls and text messages through our service, but iMessages go through Apple's data service and are not controlled by Family Base. At this time, the only way to block iMessages from a phone is to go to Settings>Messages>iMessage and either turn iMessaging off or set the block for a specific contact.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Blocking numbers through FamilyBase on the iPhone 5S
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I know how important it is to make sure your daughter's line is safe, Rosetta2k. Do you know if the sender has an iPhone or other iOS product? Family Base is able to block calls and text messages through our service, but iMessages go through Apple's data service and are not controlled by Family Base. At this time, the only way to block iMessages from a phone is to go to Settings>Messages>iMessage and either turn iMessaging off or set the block for a specific contact.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes