How do I bypass the "Message Management System?"
CLS9
Enthusiast - Level 1

No one can leave me a message on my iPhone anymore because this "message management system" makes them enter my phone number again in order to leave a message. They have already speed dialed my number. They don't know my phone number by heart. Why doesn't it just go to voice mail anymore?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to bypass "Message Management System" to leave voicemail msg
CLS9
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you. I finally got ahold of a rep who had me power down my iPhone, power it back up and dial #22890 which reset my phone. Then I went through setting up voicemail from square one. That took care of it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
CLS9, let's skip that tedious step and go straight to voice mail. Please follow the steps below to ensure that your device is set up correctly for visual voice mail:

First, disable Wi-Fi if it's enabled on. Next, make sure that you're connected to our network in Settings>Cellular Data ON.

Make sure that call forwarding is off by dialing *73 and sending that call. You will hear a confirmation beep. Finally, reset the network in Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
CLS9
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you. I finally got ahold of a rep who had me power down my iPhone, power it back up and dial #22890 which reset my phone. Then I went through setting up voicemail from square one. That took care of it.

0 Likes
jdtriffon

THIS FIXED MY PHONE!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jdtriffon,

That's certainly a relief. We want to make sure everything is working awesome for you. Do you have any other questions that we can assist you with? 

-Andrew

0 Likes