How do I designate a new ringback tone?
Glittergal59

I recently renewed a ringback tone and also purchased another one.  When I go to My Verizon to designate one of them as my default ringback tone I get confirmation that my tones have been updated.  But, when I call my phone to be sure it updated, I am still hearing the Verizon default ringback tone not the one I renewed or purchased.  Any ideas about how to solve this problem?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I designate a new ringback tone?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thank you so much for the update Glittergal59! Let's try a couple steps to see if we can get this working for you. By chance do you have the Ringback tones set for days of the week instead of one default tone? The default tone can be anything of your choice but it won't register if you have tones set for different days of the week as well. If you have that set, once you clear the days of the week then it will default to whatever you have set for the default tone. Please let me know if you have any questions regarding this setup.

CandiceH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I hear about this issue a lot.  I often wonder why people still buy ringback tones as they are never optimized for the speakers they are played back on.  I stopped using them years ago when my callers complained of shrill or garbled tones.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Glittergal59,

We want you to be able to enjoy the ringback tone you purchased. When was the last time you were able to successfully assign a ringback tone? When you exit out of the "Manage ringback tones" page and go back in does it show that the correct ringback tone is assigned?

LindseyT_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Glittergal59

I wasn't aware there was an issue until my father commented on my ringback tone a few days ago. I had recently received a text message that my ringback was about to expire unless I paid for another year, which I did. When I go online, it did show the correct ringback tone as my default tone. I tried switching to another tone and it looks as though the changes I tried worked. But, the Verizon default tone is still what callers hear when they are calling me. Is there anything else that I can do on this end to correct the problem?

Vicki Sprague

vicki.sprague@aol.com

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thank you so much for the update Glittergal59! Let's try a couple steps to see if we can get this working for you. By chance do you have the Ringback tones set for days of the week instead of one default tone? The default tone can be anything of your choice but it won't register if you have tones set for different days of the week as well. If you have that set, once you clear the days of the week then it will default to whatever you have set for the default tone. Please let me know if you have any questions regarding this setup.

CandiceH_VZW
0 Likes