How do I fix my voice mail issues after an upgrade?
Beautiful22
Enthusiast - Level 2

iOS is 9.1. When I receive a voicemail, a red dot shows on the phone icon. When I tap the icon, the red dot is on "voicemail". A message at the top of the screen says that visual voicemail is not available, call voicemail. The only way I can retrieve my voicemail is by calling in. I do not have any voicemail setup options  in the settings. I do not want visual voicemail.  Phone worked fine before I upgraded to 9.1.  How do I fix this, or do I need to take it to the nearest Verizon store? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Voicemail issues after upgrade
Beautiful22
Enthusiast - Level 2

I googled my problem and found a much fast solution. I just reset my network and it is back working.

Sent with Good (www.good.com)

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Beautiful2  Updates are designed to enhance your phone experience. It’s important that you be able to retrieve voice mails as conveniently as possible. The iPhone has always used Visual voicemail where you just click on your messages. You would want to select Visual Voicemail to get it work properly.  If you still have problems we can help troubleshoot here or over the phone at customer service. 8010-922-0204.
SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Beautiful22
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the reply.  Before the upgrade I could see the voicemail messages, now I just get the "A message at the top of the screen says that visual voicemail is not available, call voicemail."  I do not want visual voicemail, I am not even sure what that is.  I want to be able to see who called, with the "play" button.  I don't want to have to "call voicemail" in order to get my messages.  How do I turn regular voice mail back on?  Like I said before voicemail worked just fine before the upgrade.  Any other suggestions?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Amy, I definitely understand your concern with the voicemail not working. We can lead you in the right direction. We also want to clarify that the previous way you checked your messages is considered “Visual Voicemail” so this is what you want to be activated on your iPhone. Usually if you’re getting the error that “Visual Voicemail isn’t available”,  our technical support team would try and refresh the voicemail on our end. Have you attempted to reach out to us at 800-922-0204? If so, what steps were tried?

0 Likes
Beautiful22
Enthusiast - Level 2

I googled my problem and found a much fast solution. I just reset my network and it is back working.

Sent with Good (www.good.com)

0 Likes