How do I get my defective battery replaced on iphone 5?
jeffwilson

I bought my iphone 5 on 4/6/12 from Verizon. I have since learned that it has a defective battery when I put the serial number into Apple's Support Page. The Apple web page says to make an appointment with service provider so does that mean make an appointment with Apple or with Verizon? Apple support on Verizon directs me back to Apple's page. Apple does not have any humans to ask.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I get my defective battery replaced on iphone 5?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to make sure we can help replace your battery, jeffwilson. Since you mentioned purchasing your device in 2012, you may be outside of your warranty, unless you have an extended warranty. However, that does not affect the Battery Replacement program. The Replacement process must be completed through Apple, either through a store or their technical support. You can review the information here: http://bit.ly/1zcKUsP

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Dial 611 from your phone and tell them about the defective battery. They'll send you a replacement and you'll send it back.

You also should be able to go into an Apple store and have it replaced( I have done this once).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to make sure we can help replace your battery, jeffwilson. Since you mentioned purchasing your device in 2012, you may be outside of your warranty, unless you have an extended warranty. However, that does not affect the Battery Replacement program. The Replacement process must be completed through Apple, either through a store or their technical support. You can review the information here: http://bit.ly/1zcKUsP

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes