How do I stop my device from dropping calls?
Franco_G

I live in Canada (near US border - Detroit) and my Verizon phone keeps dropping my calls when my Iphone5 switches between the US and Canadian cell towers...is there a fix?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Living in Canada with a Verizon phone
Not applicable

Now that is a problem. When I travel in Canada when approaching the border into NY the signal is Canadian. Now the trick I would assume is to go into your settings and turn off cellular roaming and see if that works.

You could also purchase a local Sim from the Canadian Provider be it Can-tel, Bell Mobility or any other local provider.

I believe Verizon has signal strength quite a ways into Canada. Normally I think in Montreal it was Verizon or Bell.

Try what I suggested.

Good Luck

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Living in Canada with a Verizon phone
Not applicable

Now that is a problem. When I travel in Canada when approaching the border into NY the signal is Canadian. Now the trick I would assume is to go into your settings and turn off cellular roaming and see if that works.

You could also purchase a local Sim from the Canadian Provider be it Can-tel, Bell Mobility or any other local provider.

I believe Verizon has signal strength quite a ways into Canada. Normally I think in Montreal it was Verizon or Bell.

Try what I suggested.

Good Luck

0 Likes