How do I stop texts from being sent as iMessages?
clarkhousehold
Enthusiast - Level 1

How can I turn off imessage for just one of my contacts? Me and my husband just upgraded (both had iphone 4), I got the iphone 5s and he got he note 3. All my text to him automatically send as a imessage. Ive tried to delete his contact and then went back in and reentered it but that doesnt work.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How can I turn off imessage for just one of my contacts? Me and my husband just upgraded (both had iphone 4), I got the iphone 5s and he got he note 3. All my text to him automatically send as a imessage. Ive tried to delete his contact and then went
rcschnoor
Legend

Have your husband text the word "stop" to 48369. This should take his number out of the iMessage system.

Go into your settings under messaging and make sure the box to send as an SMS if iMessage is unavailable is checked.

Hopefully this will get your messages sending/receiving to each other.Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

Re: How can I turn off imessage for just one of my contacts? Me and my husband just upgraded (both had iphone 4), I got the iphone 5s and he got he note 3. All my text to him automatically send as a imessage. Ive tried to delete his contact and then went
rcschnoor
Legend

Have your husband text the word "stop" to 48369. This should take his number out of the iMessage system.

Go into your settings under messaging and make sure the box to send as an SMS if iMessage is unavailable is checked.

Hopefully this will get your messages sending/receiving to each other.Smiley Happy

clarkhousehold
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you! I will try that!! Smiley Happy

0 Likes
clarkhousehold
Enthusiast - Level 1

It worked! Thank you so much for your help!

0 Likes