How soon can you preorder the iphone 5?
pinkypatch

How soon can you preorder the iphone 5?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How soon can you preorder the iphone 5?
Nyobie_B
Contributor - Level 1

There's a lot of speculative info out there on the internet right now.  I wish I knew the exact date.  I came here to find out too.  Thanks for posting.  I hope someone on the inside knows more.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Apple's announcement is September 12th. I suspect that we will find out then or shortly afterwards. Watch the tech sites. That's what the rest of the users here will be doing.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Casey6022
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well I just listened to a podcast and they say apple iPhone 5 will be released on sept 12, 2012, now when verizonwireless is going to start selling them or pre-ordering them is something no one at verizon would say, everyone I talked to told me they knew nothing about even getting them to sell, so.  I guess apple is really trying hard to keep everyone in the dark. I was at my doctors this morning and he buys iPhones for all his staff, keeps them on call easier I guess, but he told me the samething, sept 12th, ..so I guess we wait and see, I let my upgrade pass just so I could et an iPhone 5, I got all 3 iPads ,2 apple tv so now I need the phone to make it all sync better, my droid bionic has been great, but it's time to try an apple, already started on a mini Mac with a thunderbolt monitor....verizon....please email us as soon as you hear something I have been waiting for 2 years for this cell phone.

0 Likes
chromepickle
Enthusiast - Level 3

My guess is that the announcement will be Sep. 12 and it will go on preorder about a week later.

0 Likes
Leonard1818
Enthusiast - Level 2

exact question I came to ask.  I hope vzw allows pre-orders at the same time as apple.  I need to order from vzw since I'm eligible for an upgrade AND a $50 discount... you lose the discount if you order through store.apple.com (which by the way is currently down... usually goes down before a big event/pre-order rush).

0 Likes
MaxCell

" I need to order from vzw since I'm eligible for an upgrade AND a $50 discount... you lose the discount if you order through store.apple.com "

is it true? I'm in the same situation.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

yes

the $50 new every 2 credit, which is no longer available so its the last, is through verizon only

you cannot get it from apple, best buy, walmart or anyone else

0 Likes
carcione
0 Likes
Karenn
Enthusiast - Level 3

The iPhone 5 is available to pre-order on Sept. 14.

Prices:

16GB $199

32GB $299

64GB $399.

It will ship Sept. 21