How to buy an iPhone 5S 32GB for full price to keep my unlimited data plan?
vjl

I have an iPhone 4 with the unlimited data plan, as I got my 2-year contract within the first 6 weeks in 2010 when Verizon offered that. I wish to pay the $749 for an iPhone 5S 32GB model, but I am unsure how to do that. I want to do that so my plan stays the same - is that possible? If so, can I do it online, or do I have to go to a Verizon Store or Apple Store?

Thanks for any info y'all might be able to provide!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How to buy an iPhone 5S 32GB for full price to keep my unlimited data plan?
boxermansr
Contributor - Level 1

You can do it online (I did it myself with the 5 last year, with Verizon, not too sure how it'd work with Apple, and frankly I was too weary to try, as didn't want to lose my unlimited data). Ordered via Verizon's website and it went through all the options, prompted me for what data package I wanted (the unlimited was a bit down the page, I assume to trick you into thinking you had to get one  of the others), and it went off without a hitch.

This year, I'm likely going to go to a Verizon store and get the 5s and pay retail again, since Apple decided to do no pre-orders. I'd suggest your best bet, to ensure keeping unlimited is via Verizon's website, or directly from one of their stores, just make sure if you go the store route, that you confirm that you're keeping unlimited data.

0 Likes
vjl

Thanks! I will do that on the 20th and let you know how it goes! Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Roadrunnerdds
Enthusiast - Level 1

I wonder if that's also true for Alltel users with an unlimited data plan...

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Roadrunnerdds wrote:

I wonder if that's also true for Alltel users with an unlimited data plan...

Yep. If you want to keep your unlimited data plan, paying full price is a way to achieve it

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tegq

How many lines do you have? I have two lines, both are iPhone 4, one with unlimited and the other with 2GB. They're both eligible for an upgrade. I thought about buying the iPhone 5S outright, but I may not have to. I believe I can upgrade the line with the 2GB, then do an ESN swap to the unlimited line. That should work?

0 Likes
Roadrunnerdds
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'd be upgrading from a flip phone to an iPhone...  I was told that I could share my wife's unlimited data and texts:

>>Chat transcript removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service. <<

Thoughts people??

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

tegq wrote:

How many lines do you have? I have two lines, both are iPhone 4, one with unlimited and the other with 2GB. They're both eligible for an upgrade. I thought about buying the iPhone 5S outright, but I may not have to. I believe I can upgrade the line with the 2GB, then do an ESN swap to the unlimited line. That should work?

Yes, it will if you upgrade the line with the 2 GB data plan on it.  You can't EVER upgrade the line with the unlimited data plan, not even to transfer it to another line.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tegq

Does it matter that I'm going from 3G to 4G?

0 Likes
cocofifi
Enthusiast - Level 1

I would go to a Corporate Store to do it. Make sure you tell them you want to keep your unlimited data. It doesn't matter that you are going to 4g.....I had a 4s and went to a 5. The only way to keep it is to pay full price. I hope I helped at bit. Good Luck.

0 Likes