Re: How to buy an iPhone 5S 32GB for full price to keep my unlimited data plan?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

tegq wrote:

Does it matter that I'm going from 3G to 4G?

Nope.  You will need a SIM card though.  The SIM cards are free at a corporate store or through customer service.  You will have to pay shipping if they send it to you.  I would just be careful the rep was doesn't change your plan at all by being very clear that with the full retail price purchase also means NO changes to your plan or features.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tegq

Thanks for the quick reply!

0 Likes
Roadrunnerdds
Enthusiast - Level 1

I wonder if they'd let me add data if I switch my flip phone to an iPhone...

0 Likes
vjl

I just have one line - one iPhone 4, one line.

0 Likes
vjl

That's good to know too! My iPhone 4 is a 3G phone, so I will need to get a SIM card. Looks like the best bet will be to go to a Verizon store to have all of this done.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Roadrunnerdds wrote:

I wonder if they'd let me add data if I switch my flip phone to an iPhone...

Old Alltel plans are not my forte.  Perhaps one of the other former Alltel customers on this community can provide some insight.  One of those members is budone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Walleye1_

i already went into verizon and paid for my iphone 5s ($199)so i would just do that . mine was on contract but im sure you can do the same then you will get the first ones that come in

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can understand your concern & wanting to keep the plan the same, Roadrunnerdds. I'm guessing you have a flip phone with an Alltel plan that has unlimited data?
It has been my experience that you would need to select a data plan that works with smartphones since the basic phone data uses a different code, it wouldn't work.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Roadrunnerdds
Enthusiast - Level 1

Actually, my flip phone doesn't have a data plan.  I'd be adding smartphone data to my plan....  My wife shares my Alltel plan with me and she's got an iPhone 4S with an unlimited data plan...

0 Likes
ImDMan
Enthusiast - Level 1

if an online Verizon person moderates these forums, then why don't they just answer the question with the correct answer??

that sure would make things a heck of a lot simpler

The whole way these forums are done is the most asinine thing I have seen yet when it comes to a company dealing with questions about its service.

Please pull your collective heads out and just give the correct answer instead of waiting until somebody finally gets it right and then giving them a stupid thumbs up and some points(which are good for ??? nothing) and save all of us a lot of time wading through the b.s. and wrong answers.

What kind of company wants to watch hundreds of people trying to answer questions which they know the correct answers to,

bumble around until one of them gets it right, instead of just answering the question right off the bat ??

Very disturbing way of doing business !

I cant believe that in all the years this forum has been going, that not one of you has tried to fix this unreal way to get answers to questions from Verizon about the services they provide.  LET THEM ANSWER WITH CORRECT INFO !!