How to delete old texts that keep resending by themselves?
KitKat6
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have an iphone 5 and when I send texts to my daughter's Samsung phone she often gets old texts stuck in with what I'm sending. I have long deleted these texts and I'm just using iMessage and no other apps to send. How can I get rid of my old texts so this stops happening?

Labels (1)
Re: How to delete old texts that keep resending by themselves?
B33
Legend

Try clearing the System cache on both Phones and see what that does.. And if you have iOS7 on your phone this may help as well follow the Link.. Hope it Helps Smiley Happy b33

http://www.imore.com/how-delete-individual-imessages-and-texts-ios-7

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi KitKat6,

Messaging is important, so let's get this fixed! When did this start? Does this issue occur only with your daughters phone? Have you deleted the thread from your daughters device as well? Is your daughter using a 3rd party text messaging application? Keep me posted

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
KitKat6
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have deleted ALL of my messages and do it regularly every week so there are no old messages. My daughter did the same. I am not sure what "clearing the System cache" is or how to do that.

Thank you

0 Likes
KitKat6
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am not sure when this started but this summer my daughter told me she kept getting one particular text over and over from me. A friend of hers had died and I had texted consoling her and months later she keeps getting the same text and it was upsetting her as it brought back all the emotion each time. So that's when she asked why I kept sending the same text and I realized my phone was sending texts from 6 months ago. Then she would read me a text right after I sent it and it was part of the text I'd sent mixed in with parts of texts from a week ago. She said she only gets these from me. I haven't had anyone else tell me this but most people aren't going to ask about a strange text if they aren't related so I don't know if she's the only one.

I delete ALL my texts every week. I had her delete ALL her texts exept special ones she's saving that she "locked". She is not using a 3rd party texting application.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am sorry to learn of the loss of your daughter's friend. I can certainly understand how this message can upset her each time she receives it. I appreciate all the information provided to help troubleshoot your messaging concerns.

First let's try clearing internet files from your phone. To do this click http://vz.to/1auJf53 I understand your daughter is not using a third party text app. Are you using a third party app on your phone? If clearing files on the phone does not help, please try resetting network settings by tapping on the settings icon>general>reset>reset network settings.

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
KitKat6
Enthusiast - Level 2

Michelle,

Thank you for your response. Clearing the internet files does not work as I routinely do that about weekly as a rule. So I did the reset network settings. I will let you know if it did the trick. These texts happen randomly so it may be a while before I know for sure.

Thanks,

Katy

0 Likes