How to transfer number?
kakiyama
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I pre ordered the iPhone, I chose to have a new number since my current number is still in use. When I get the new phone, should I activate it then call customer service to switch the numbers? Or should I just wait to activate and call right away?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How to transfer number?
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

you cnat switch numbers

0 Likes
kakiyama
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't think that's right lol. What kind of phone carrier wouldn't let you get a new number?

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

you cannot swap numbers from one line to another

you can swap phones though

you cn change numbers on each line, just not to whats on the other line

0 Likes
kakiyama
Enthusiast - Level 2

I want to bring my number from tmobile to Verizon, not from one verizon phone to another.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

aaahh thats makes a difference Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Sparks23

I totally had the exact same question before I ordered my iphone. I chatted with a rep as you can see below. I started a new account, meaning I ordered the iphone as a new customer even though I had my old number still with verizon. I did this because I was ordering two new phones and wanted to make it easier so I could make it through the preorder process easy. Keep in mind that my old number I want ported to my new iphone is up for an upgrade and is going month to month because my contract is up. I will port the number and it will basically cancel my old account, so if you still have time on your contract and you port your number from tmobile it will cancel the contract and you may pay cancel charges.

me: ok, so is it easy for me to start a new account and import my number into the new line?

Amber S: Yes, it would be very simple to port your number.

me: Is there any information I need handy to do this?

me: It is up for an upgrade

Amber S: No, you would just have to call in and do an assumption of liability to transfer it to a separate account.

I'm going to activate my phone first and then port my number from the my Verizon account log in on the new phone once I've activated the phone. There is a button "Change Mobile Number", as you can see in the screenshot, and it gives you a few options to choose from. The last option allows you to port your old phone number, which will work for a tmobile number as you can see you will just need to put your tmobile account number into the field along with the other info.

Change my number.JPGScreenshot.JPG

Good luck, hope this helps.

0 Likes
kakiyama
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hmm ok, thanks for the help! Not sure of my T-Mobile account number so I'll figure that out. And, I'm new to Verizon...how exactly did you get to that page where you see the "Change Mobile Number"?

0 Likes
Sparks23

Once you activate your phone, you can register so you can log into My Verizon. The button is on the first page once you log in. You have to activate your phone first to be able to register your account with Verizon. If you want to play it safe you could call customer service before you activate your phone just to verify the best way to go about changing your number, but I would make sure you have all the information that they ask for on the screenshot so the transfer goes smoothly.

0 Likes