Re: I Phone 5 BOGUS DATA OVERAGES
sunshinegirlie
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you! I have figured out that they *will* go through as imessages-but that's it.

The work around is sending them via email and they do go through on wifi. LOL-ALLLL of these workarounds!!

0 Likes
homeistexas
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just to let you know that you are wrong I went to the verizon store today and they transfered my grand daughter's upgrade to my line and it did not take her unlimited data away. They then upgraded my line to an iphone 5 and it still left her with unlimited data. I also double checked the account when I got home and she still has unlimited data.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

That's good news, if it worked ('cause it's not supposed to!  ).

0 Likes
android_wiz
Contributor - Level 1

well heres the thing you may have it now but thats only because of how they coded it in the computer they put it in as "CE" which means customer provided which would be like buying at full retail but Verizon goes over accts with upgrades to add promos or whatever once they see that an upgrade was done if its after June 28th 2011 they WILL remove your data and put you automatically on 2gb happened to me but im over it now but yes it will happen

0 Likes
budone
Legend

I would look online just to be sure,the unlimited is there. The system should have automatically killed it

0 Likes
homeistexas
Enthusiast - Level 3

I did check it and its still unlimited. It has stayed unlimited since i gave her my iphone 5 that i got by upgrading to the iphone 5 on my line which put my line on the tiered data plan. the guy at the store traded her upgrade to my line then upgraded my line that was already on the tiered data.

0 Likes
sunshinegirlie
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am glad that it worked for you!

Curious to see if anyone is still having the maddening data overage charges? This is month 4-I checked my bill today and low and behold, I had $60 in data overage charges. Funny thing is: the breakdown is as follows:

(I have a 4 GB plan)

Used: 6 GB Charge for extra 2 GB= $45.00 LOL!! The "charge" for exceeding by 2 GB is $15.00 NOT $45.00

Additional Line item reads " Unbilled Data from prior months" $15.00

What the hell is "unbilled data from prior months" when Verizon has had to credit me back for the past FOUR consecutive months, SINCE the purchase of the I Phone 5 in October!!

They credited me the $60.00 today but once again..I had to call in and spend a half hour on the phone of MY TIME that has not been previously billed to THEM!

The tech told me there is STILL NO FIX but that they received a memo dated December 2012 that yet *another* carrier update will be released soon to *hopefully* fix the wi fi issue.

Incidentally-I have wi fi at home/wi fi at work. There is NO WAY that 6 GB were used in a cycle. Prior to the purchase of the I Phone 5...our highest usage in a cycle was 2.8 in 3+ years.

Check your bills, people!! They are now charging $45.00  for 2 extra gigs, when it should be $15.00

The drama continues....

0 Likes
android_wiz
Contributor - Level 1

have you notice its only the IPHONE users so done blame verizon custoemr you have a crappy product

0 Likes
sunshinegirlie
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ummmm..THIS IS AN I PHONE THREAD. I think we notice that it's an I Phone/IOS6 problem. Guess what? Verizon is distributing a defective product, Verizon is cutting the bills and I am paying VERIZON.

0 Likes
android_wiz
Contributor - Level 1

APPLE is distributing a defective product cause who does verizon get them from APPLE and GUESS WHAT your paying verizon to be a SERVICE PROVIDER not you MAN.

0 Likes