I can't receive text messages from US Cellular Cell Phones
clctpc

I switched from US Cellular to Verizon 2 weeks ago.  1 of the 3 phones I switched over was closed out from UC Cellular a week later than the other 2 (last weekend).  As soon as they closed it, I could no longer receive text messages from UC Cellular Cell Phones (for the week before this, I could).  I can still receive picture text messages and texts from US Cellular customers that have an IPhone (which is what I have).  The Verizon Store says it is US Cellular's issue and US Cellular says they have everything closed out so it isn't them.  My old Phone is off, but if I turn it on, I see that all the text messages that I can't get on my verizon phone from US Cellular customers is sitting on my old phone.  How do I get these messages to start coming to my Verizon phone instead.  I have already done a system restore on my new IPhone and that doesn't work.  My old phone was a Motorola Electrify M so the battery cannot be removed.  I need help because I can't continue not to received these messages.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I can't receive text messages from US Cellular Cell Phones
Not applicable

It is most likely an issue with the port in.

You are still experiencing "mixed service" where both your Verizon phone and US Cellular phone are active in the network.

Most likely the port process has not completed/wasnt completed properly and you will need to contact the port center/have a CSR contact the port center on your behalf to see what is causing the issue.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi clctpc,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble with your messages reaching you on your new phone with us! We definitely want you to stay connected and get all your messages delivered fully. Let's get this fixed!

Are you having any trouble with your phone calls being made or received? Are you able to send text messages okay to non-iPhones? What model iPhone do you have? Does powering your iPhone off and back on with the old phone off make any difference?

Keep us posted! We'd love to know all the details so we can get you back up and running.

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Not applicable

It is most likely an issue with the port in.

You are still experiencing "mixed service" where both your Verizon phone and US Cellular phone are active in the network.

Most likely the port process has not completed/wasnt completed properly and you will need to contact the port center/have a CSR contact the port center on your behalf to see what is causing the issue.

0 Likes
clctpc

I have no trouble with phone calls both receiving and making.  I also can send texts to US Cellular Non Iphone phones.  I have tried powering my Iphone on and off while the old phone is off and that hasn't worked. 

Based on the Message below from Technical support, I will try contacting Customer Support and have them contact the Port Department to see what is up.

thanks

clctpc

0 Likes