Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Re: I had planned on taking advantage of the Unlimited Data Loophole but... (VZW REP PLEASE READ)
JrSamples
Member

Where did the 1000 or so tags come from?

0 Likes
Re: I had planned on taking advantage of the Unlimited Data Loophole but... (VZW REP PLEASE READ)
Ann154
Expert
Expert

YOU had to have typed them in. That's the only way I know for the tags to be there.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: I had planned on taking advantage of the Unlimited Data Loophole but... (VZW REP PLEASE READ)
MichelleLong
Member

I've been told by multiple sources (but I still don't know if it is true or not) that Verizon is now tracking the IMEI # on the phone.  If you order a phone with upgrade pricing on one line and then use it on another line on your plan, then they will charge you the full price of the phone (or you'll lose unlimited data.  I emailed a complaint to the VP for my region about having to give up unlimited data since the ShareEverything will cost us more per month.  they gave me a credit for the additional cost for 1 year ($240).

0 Likes
Re: I had planned on taking advantage of the Unlimited Data Loophole but... (VZW REP PLEASE READ)
Tidbits
Sr. Leader

If you purchase from a 3rd party retailer that may happen, and has happened. 

0 Likes
Re: I had planned on taking advantage of the Unlimited Data Loophole but... (VZW REP PLEASE READ)
MichelleLong
Member

what about if you buy from a Verizon corporate store?  It seems like they still could track the number.  They told me they were closing the loophole people were using to keep unlimited data.

0 Likes
Re: I had planned on taking advantage of the Unlimited Data Loophole but... (VZW REP PLEASE READ)
Not applicable

MichelleLong wrote:

I've been told by multiple sources (but I still don't know if it is true or not) that Verizon is now tracking the IMEI # on the phone.  If you order a phone with upgrade pricing on one line and then use it on another line on your plan, then they will charge you the full price of the phone (or you'll lose unlimited data.  I emailed a complaint to the VP for my region about having to give up unlimited data since the ShareEverything will cost us more per month.  they gave me a credit for the additional cost for 1 year ($240).

I for one can't wait until Verizon not only puts on end to this practice of allowing swaps but ends unlimited all together. And you don't have to switch to Share Everything. You just can't keep unlimited data.

0 Likes
Re: I had planned on taking advantage of the Unlimited Data Loophole but... (VZW REP PLEASE READ)
MichelleLong
Member

why would you want to switched to the tiered data plan vs ShareEverything?

0 Likes
Re: I had planned on taking advantage of the Unlimited Data Loophole but... (VZW REP PLEASE READ)
Tidbits
Sr. Leader

MichelleLong wrote:

what about if you buy from a Verizon corporate store?  It seems like they still could track the number.  They told me they were closing the loophole people were using to keep unlimited data.

Not likely as they do not subsidize the devices farther than what 3rd parties do.  What you are thinking that is rumored has always happened at the 3rd party retailers.  If you ever read their terms of sales it tells you not to switch the device for at least 181 days.  If you do you violate their terms and you will be subjected to their "termination" fee and/or full retail charge of the device.

0 Likes
Re: I had planned on taking advantage of the Unlimited Data Loophole but... (VZW REP PLEASE READ)
Tidbits
Sr. Leader

MichelleLong wrote:

why would you want to switched to the tiered data plan vs ShareEverything?

It depends on how much usage(and what you use) you do and how many lines you have.  One can be cheaper than the other, and you have to see which one works better for you.

0 Likes
Re: I had planned on taking advantage of the Unlimited Data Loophole but... (VZW REP PLEASE READ)
MichelleLong
Member

so I could've upgraded on a basic line to get upgrade pricing and then used the phone on another line to keep the unlimited data?  grrrrr - i just switched to Share Everything today and order a new phone.  Oh well -- we really don't have that much data usage anyway. 

0 Likes