I have an Iphone 5 and an Iphone 5c with Verizon without contracts that I am wanting to change to Tmobile and they told me Verizon can factory unlock? What is this process for this?
mikklo

I have an Iphone 5 and an Iphone 5c with Verizon without contracts that I am wanting to change to Tmobile and they told me Verizon can factory unlock? What is this process for this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I have an Iphone 5 and an Iphone 5c with Verizon without contracts that I am wanting to change to Tmobile and they told me Verizon can factory unlock? What is this process for this?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sad to see you're considering leaving, mikklo. We hope you reconsider and keep those great phones here, but there are no special steps needed to unlock an iPhone 5 or 5c for use with another carrier's SIM. They may not be able to provide the same services as the phone was intended for use with Verizon Wireless, but the new carrier can provide you with a compatible SIM and programming assistance. Please let us know if there's something we can assist with to keep you from leaving.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I have an Iphone 5 and an Iphone 5c with Verizon without contracts that I am wanting to change to Tmobile and they told me Verizon can factory unlock? What is this process for this?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sad to see you're considering leaving, mikklo. We hope you reconsider and keep those great phones here, but there are no special steps needed to unlock an iPhone 5 or 5c for use with another carrier's SIM. They may not be able to provide the same services as the phone was intended for use with Verizon Wireless, but the new carrier can provide you with a compatible SIM and programming assistance. Please let us know if there's something we can assist with to keep you from leaving.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
mikklo

Well thanks for the consideration and I do hate to leave as Verizon has been my company for roughly 20 years. Unfortunately, with plan comparisons as well as plan prices, it seems to be way cheaper at T-Mobile and even Sprint. I had my last bad experience at Verizon. I was told I could switch my plan to the $140 plan by one associate and then the following week when I said ok I'm ready to do the change I was told I couldn't by a different associate. Unless you can do something for me to be able to stay pricewise I hate to say that it has been a good 20 years. I just pay too much and to say that I have five cell phones, home phone, wifi, and cable with you guys and it might all go away. If you can help me out, I am open to suggestions.

0 Likes