I have an iPhone 5c. Recently I have been gettings calls from unknown numbers. When I call back, I am told that the line is disconnected. The only way I can stop these calls is to block them. Why am I getting these calls?
cathy2249

I have an iPhone 5c.  Recently I have been getting calls from unknown numbers.  When I call back the numbers, I get a recording stating the line is disconnected.  The only way I can stop the calls is to block the numbers.  So far, I have four different disconnected numbers that have called me.  Why?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: I have an iPhone 5c.  Recently I have been gettings calls from unknown numbers.  When I call back, I am told that the line is disconnected.  The only way I can stop these calls is to block them.  Why am I getting these calls?
Not applicable

It is not just you that are receiving these scammer/con calls.

The numbers are auto dialed, against federal law by the way. They use rotating number generating to spoof where the call originates.

You could file a complaint against Verizon in order to get a subpoena to produce the real phone number. And before anyone chimes in with some foolish response like "Verizon is not responsible or doesn't know the originating phone number" that is totally crazy. Verizon is the phone company.

They know where the calls come from and a subpoena will bear that out.

The other thing you can do is use a paid blocking service or app.

But that is totally up to you.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Re: I have an iPhone 5c. Recently I have been gettings calls from unknown numbers. When I call back, I am told that the line is disconnected. The only way I can stop these calls is to block them. Why am I getting these calls?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Elector wrote:

The other thing you can do is use a paid blocking service or app.

But that is totally up to you.

Good Luck

There's also YouMail:

Re: need help stopping calls