I have an iPhone 5s that I got in the UK as I am here as a student studying. I am coming home to the US and would like to use my verizon sim in this phone. How do I make this work for me?
ca895

It's an unlocked iPhone 5s, and I'd like to be able to have and use a phone while in the US for a month. I have an active verizon sim, I just want to know what I need to do to activate the 5s so I can use it. It is much easier to just be able to work off the same device versus having to scramble to find another device to use for my limited time in the US.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: I have an iPhone 5s that I got in the UK as I am here as a student studying. I am coming home to the US and would like to use my verizon sim in this phone. How do I make this work for me?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ca895,

We trust you will have a safe trip home! We want you able to use the device that will work for you.  Check out this link http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/nso/enterDeviceId.do?&&zipRdr=y to verify if your device is compatible with our network. If it is, you can get a free SIM card via any corporate store or you can get one online http://www.verizonwireless.com/accessories/sma-4g-sim-activation-kit/

SandyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: I have an iPhone 5s that I got in the UK as I am here as a student studying. I am coming home to the US and would like to use my verizon sim in this phone. How do I make this work for me?
ca895

When I follow the link i get this "We're sorry! Unfortunately, none of the lines on your account are eligible to receive the Online Authorization Code. You will not be able to add the new device to your account. Please call (800) 922-0204 or dial *611 from your mobile phone for further assistance." Does this mean the iphone won't work at all or that I have to call to get it activated? It doesn't make sense to me as it is an iphone, which verizon has on their networks as well.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand where you are coming from ca895, it does seem confusing. We can help clear up any confusion. There are some older model iPhones that are configured to only work on GSM networks while out network is CDMA. What I would recommend doing is stopping in at your local VZW store for assistance with getting the service activated. http://vz.to/1Bm0nJA
ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes