I have an old iPhone 4 that finally stopped working. I have an unlimited data plan and want to keep it. When I called customer service, I was told like in the past that if you purchase the new phone at full price, you can keep your old plan. However, a
mcccm

I have an old iPhone 4 that finally stopped working.  I have an unlimited data plan and want to keep it.  When I called customer service, I was told like in the past that if you purchase the new phone at full price, you can keep your old plan.  However, after some time on the phone i was told by the csr and supervisor that their system is not allowing them to complete the transaction without changing to a limited data plan.  I was told to try going to a store and buy the phone.  Same thing happened.  Has Verizon changed something and not told their employees?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: I have an old iPhone 4 that finally stopped working. I have an unlimited data plan and want to keep it. When I called customer service, I was told like in the past that if you purchase the new phone at full price, you can keep your old plan. Howeve
Weth
Legend

Nothing has changed, but there remains much confusion with CSRs.  Buy full price from Apple, take the phone to Verizon corporate store to get nano SIM and activate phone. 

0 Likes
Re: I have an old iPhone 4 that finally stopped working.  I have an unlimited data plan and want to keep it.  When I called customer service, I was told like in the past that if you purchase the new phone at full price, you can keep your old plan.  Howeve
mcccm

Activated the phone.  Logged on to myverizon and plan changed to 2G and $10.00 more a month.  Now have to wait for some ticket to be reviewed.  I guess I lost that plan. And never signed anything stating that I was changing my plan.  I need a good attorney.

0 Likes
Re: I have an old iPhone 4 that finally stopped working. I have an unlimited data plan and want to keep it. When I called customer service, I was told like in the past that if you purchase the new phone at full price, you can keep your old plan. Howeve
mcccm

This is after we went to iPhone store and bought the phone at full price.

0 Likes
Re: I have an old iPhone 4 that finally stopped working.  I have an unlimited data plan and want to keep it.  When I called customer service, I was told like in the past that if you purchase the new phone at full price, you can keep your old plan.  Howeve
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Seems like people having this problem are those coming from a phone that doesn't have a nano SIM card...so when Verizon issues them one they end up changing their plan. No clue why this keeps happening but stay on top of them. As long as you initiated the request for your plan to be reinstated within the 14 day time frame they should put it back. Interested in seeing how this plays out. There is still one phone in my house that hasn't been upgraded (an iPhone 4). I'm hoping when we do upgrade it at full retail they won't mess with her unlimited data plan