I have been having issues with not receiving texts and voicemails daily, for a few months now. If I turn the phone completely off, when I turn it back on the messages will flood in from hours before. I can't be continually turning off my phone in case som
kattwuman
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been having issues with not receiving texts and voicemails daily, for a few months now. If I turn the phone completely off, when I turn it back on the messages will flood in from hours before. I can't be continually turning off my phone in case someone left me a message. How do I resolve this issue?

Labels (1)
Re: I have been having issues with not receiving texts and voicemails daily, for a few months now. If I turn the phone completely off, when I turn it back on the messages will flood in from hours before. I can't be continually turning off my phone in case
mama23dogs
Legend

Have you tried replacing the SIM card?

You ou can also reset network settings ( you will have to set up wifi connections again )

Re: I have been having issues with not receiving texts and voicemails daily, for a few months now. If I turn the phone completely off, when I turn it back on the messages will flood in from hours before. I can't be continually turning off my phone in case
kattwuman
Enthusiast - Level 1

I should have mentioned that I already went to Apple. They ran diagnostics on my phone and said everything checked out. I don't know if that would include the SIM card (it was in the phone). For resetting wifi, do you mean deleting all the saved wifi connections and re-adding them?

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

The SIM card is not Apple's perview, please see Verizon for a new card and carrier settings.

mama23dogs
Legend

Wifi:  my Cell phone will remember 10 wifi connections.  So delete any you don't use often and your home wifi and try to enter home wifi again.

if it still won't connect to home wifi, call your internet provider for help.  You may need a newer router or different settings Or upgraded service.   Your phone seeks the best connection and will refuse lesser connections.

last resort.  Backup the phone.  Do a full reset, then restore as new with the backup.

if still not fixed, go back to apple and insist on repair or replacement.

HOWEVER.   voicemail is not a wifi issue, it's a carrier function, which is why the SIM card is a suspect.

angelseeker78
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having this same problem and more... I HAVE 4 LINES and I can not get any help! I am missing calls, dropping calls, messages.  It seems that once your a Verizon customer then you no longer count and you are STUCK ...FUSTRATION is an understatement

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Are all phones losing connection in the same area (geographically)?

I Gather you are a new customer, did you check with neighbors and other locals to see which service they use?

If you are in a non-Verizon area, call  and ask how to get out of your contract due to poor service.

0 Likes