I have old pictures from an old iPhone and I want to delete them from my iPhone 5S how do I do this
Tracy0620

Pictures that were taken from my iPhone 4s have been copied on my new phone 5S.  I can't delete them off my 5S.  How do I get these off my phone.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I have old pictures from an old iPhone and I want to delete them from my iPhone 5S how do I do this
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Tracy0620,

We want to make sure you have only the pictures you need. How were the pictures copied from the old iPhone? (ie. via iTunes or iCloud) If the photos were copied from iCloud you can follow the steps listed in this link to delete the photos... http://apple.co/1xqol5T

LindseyT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I have old pictures from an old iPhone and I want to delete them from my iPhone 5S how do I do this
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Tracy0620,

We want to make sure you have only the pictures you need. How were the pictures copied from the old iPhone? (ie. via iTunes or iCloud) If the photos were copied from iCloud you can follow the steps listed in this link to delete the photos... http://apple.co/1xqol5T

LindseyT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Loquat
Master - Level 1

Are you backing up from iTunes or iCloud?  If you're deleting them from your device...you should be able to sync and save your current back up.

0 Likes
Re: I have old pictures from an old iPhone and I want to delete them from my iPhone 5S  how do I do this
jborn4

This sounds like you have gotten them from a sync on your computer. If you have iTunes sync photos to your phone, you will not be allowed to delete them. to fix this, open iTunes on your computer and plug in your phone. Go to the "photos" tab and deselect "sync photos." Then apply and sync your phone. It should delete anything that isn't on the camera roll that could not be deleted before.

0 Likes