I have photos that were downloaded to my PC. Now they're in a folder I cannot touch on my phone. I want to delete them but cannot, even connecting to the PC and trying to delete via the usb connection. solution?
barneygoogle

I have photos that were downloaded to my PC. Now they're in a folder I cannot touch on my phone.  I want to delete them but cannot, even connecting to the PC and trying to delete via the usb connection.  solution?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I have photos that were downloaded to my PC. Now they're in a folder I cannot touch on my phone. I want to delete them but cannot, even connecting to the PC and trying to delete via the usb connection. solution?
BethE006
Enthusiast - Level 2

It could be one of two (or several) things. One is, it sounds like the folder may still 'open.' Try plugging back in to computer port with USB, accessing, closing & then be sure to 'safely remove external hardware device' (the USB) so that everything properly closes and exits. The other is, it's a temp folder the phone created for transfer. The other option is to do some online searching bc there's not a lot of info here.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I have photos that were downloaded to my PC. Now they're in a folder I cannot touch on my phone. I want to delete them but cannot, even connecting to the PC and trying to delete via the usb connection. solution?
BethE006
Enthusiast - Level 2

It could be one of two (or several) things. One is, it sounds like the folder may still 'open.' Try plugging back in to computer port with USB, accessing, closing & then be sure to 'safely remove external hardware device' (the USB) so that everything properly closes and exits. The other is, it's a temp folder the phone created for transfer. The other option is to do some online searching bc there's not a lot of info here.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

When you say 'folder', do you mean an album in your photo gallery?

If yes, what is the album called?

Re: I have photos that were downloaded to my PC. Now they're in a folder I cannot touch on my phone.  I want to delete them but cannot, even connecting to the PC and trying to delete via the usb connection.  solution?
barneygoogle

Thank you!  I will give that a try.  The open folder thing is a possibility.

0 Likes
Re: I have photos that were downloaded to my PC. Now they're in a folder I cannot touch on my phone.  I want to delete them but cannot, even connecting to the PC and trying to delete via the usb connection.  solution?
barneygoogle

The folder has the date listed which I last downloaded photos off my phone before yesterday.  it's 2015-04-11  and then in smaller print says (182 from My Computer).   I probably did something wrong with syncing....but all the tips I read either didn't apply or didn't work to fix.  thank you!

0 Likes