Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm confused - Otterbox case for iPhone 5
ashenfang

I see that verizon wireless is offering the defender case for the iphone 5. I went ahead and ordered one and received the free two day shipping. However, when I was browsing around Otterbox's website, it says the cases are on pre-order. So does Verizon not actually have these cases in stock and ready to ship? Based on the sales page there is no indication that it is a pre-order. Any input?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I'm confused - Otterbox case for iPhone 5
TomCat03
Novice

Otterbox probably has a limited supply available they allocated for some carriers and Amazon. You can go to Amazon and order the black case and use to be the Glacier earlier this week. There's even a video of a guy who received his through Amazon. Otterbox knows they will receive more business through the 3rd party sites rather than their own. Also, if you view the video review of the guy who received his on Amazon you will notice the text sticker on Otterbox says "New iPhone." of course they probably had to guess like the rest of the world what the iphone would be called and they were wrong. My guess is since only a limited number of 3rd party sites have supply, Otterbox had to completely stop packaging their cases, make the graphic update to the sticker to say "iPhone 5" and then resume boxing the cases making them ready for purchase.    Just my thoughts.....

0 Likes
Re: I'm confused - Otterbox case for iPhone 5
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hi ashenfang!

Congratulations on your new iPhone 5!! You definitely will NOT be disappointed by its performance! We do offer a number of Otterbox cases on our website. Check them out here: http://bit.ly/QFIElm

I hope that helps!
Thanks,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes