I paid early termination fee two months ago to Verizon and am now out of the country. Am trying to unlock the phone but the local guys say they are not able to. I see from the blog here that iPhone 5 comes unlocked. Is it true?? Do I still have to unlock.
Texasman

I paid early termination fee two months ago to Verizon and am now out of the country. Am trying to unlock the phone but the local guys say they are not able to. I see from the blog here that iPhone 5 comes unlocked. Is it true?? Do I still have to unlock. How do I go about it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I paid early termination fee two months ago to Verizon and am now out of the country. Am trying to unlock the phone but the local guys say they are not able to. I see from the blog here that iPhone 5 comes unlocked. Is it true?? Do I still have to unl
nicandron_vzw
Verizon Employee

Thank you for reaching out to us, Texasman. Sad to see that
you have left the VZW family, but it is definitely awesome to be able to
travel! Regarding your iPhone 5, the phone is unlocked for international usage.
Just need an active local SIM card that is compatible with your iPhone. Your local provider
may need to configure some settings under Cellular, but it should pick up signal. Just in
case, make sure that Settings>Cellular>Roaming>Voice & Data are
active.

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I paid early termination fee two months ago to Verizon and am now out of the country. Am trying to unlock the phone but the local guys say they are not able to. I see from the blog here that iPhone 5 comes unlocked. Is it true?? Do I still have to unl
nicandron_vzw
Verizon Employee

Thank you for reaching out to us, Texasman. Sad to see that
you have left the VZW family, but it is definitely awesome to be able to
travel! Regarding your iPhone 5, the phone is unlocked for international usage.
Just need an active local SIM card that is compatible with your iPhone. Your local provider
may need to configure some settings under Cellular, but it should pick up signal. Just in
case, make sure that Settings>Cellular>Roaming>Voice & Data are
active.

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes