I phone 5 not updateing time and date!
guitardude321

I need help with i phone 5. Everytime i set date and time it tells me to update my date and time and changes! Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I phone 5 not updateing time and date!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Guitardud321,

Congrats on getting a Verizon iPhone 5! It's one of the most anticipated devices of the year! I want to help you get the most out of your device. May I ask what software version do you have on your iPhone? Also, what city, state, and zip code are you in? If you have already tried setting up the date and time in the Settings menu then may I have you turn off "Set Automatically" on the phone. Once you have done so then please reboot and retest. Let me know if the date and time is accurate and stay accurate.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
scvdeputy

Yes I would love to know what the real answer is to this problem. My wife got her phone last Thursday. I have noticed at least twice the time was off. 1 hour and 8 minutes in the past. I have done a reset. Twice. I noticed when searching google with this problem, it has been blogged about since late September. Why is it when I called Apple Friday night, the Customer Service Person I spoke to said she had not heard of this problem. I advised her I had found discussions about this problem in several places on-line, including their on community support area. This is my wife's first smartphone and the experience is not starting off on the right foot. I wonder if several of us would need to contact our Attorney General's Office and file consumer complaints. The manufacturer of the product claims not to be aware of a problem that is apparently affecting a lot of people. I had walked into the Verizon store where I ordered this iPhone 5 and was told by one of the reps he had seen 7 to 8 people come in with this problem. He said it was a software problem that Apple needed to work on. That is from one salesman's experience. Wonder when you multiple that times the number of other sales reps who have spoken to customers with this issue, how large this problem really is, and no one that can fix it seems to have an answer.

0 Likes
guitardude321

Verizon just told me to turn off the "Set Automaticlly" and reboot and retest and see what happens! I dont know? I got a new droid incredible and i like it lots better than the i phone 5! LOL!! At least no problems!

0 Likes
guitardude321

Ok will try and let you know! Thanks!

0 Likes
electronicsguy

I also have this problem. THe new iphone 5 does not automatically update when you go into another timezone. For example driving from detroit to chicago, it should switch when you cross borders and connect to the towers int he other timezone.

This only happens if I manually switch "auto-update" off and then ON again..defeating the whole purpose.

0 Likes