I receive but cannot send txt message
Alessa

I am having difficulty to send txt message to people outside the network.

I receive but cannot send it.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I receive but cannot send txt message
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there Alessa,

Text messaging is my main form of communication so I understand how important it is to make sure you can consistently send and receive them. Let's keep those messages flowing.

When you say outside the network, do you mean people on other carriers? Are these users all on the same carrier? Do you know what kind of devices they have? Can you send to Verizon customers ok?  What zip code are you having these issues in?

Please provide additional details so I can better assist.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vstormes
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue since I updated to iOS7. I can send texts ONLY if I turn off iMessage. But I cannot reliable receive texts either. It MUST be fixed!

My ZIP code is 37863, And it matters not what carrier others use. The problem is there regardless of the carrier.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there vstormes,

I would like nothing more than to keep your messages flowing as well. Please try turning off iMessage and resetting your network settings,http://vz.to/16ZnIy8. Turn iMessage back on and test again.

Keep us updated with results.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vstormes
Enthusiast - Level 1

I did that on both of our iPhones. Texts still will. It go thru unless we turn off iMessage. What can be done next?

From my iPhone 5

0 Likes