I would appreciate knowing if problems with my Samsung Network Extender can be corrected.
jphcc
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would appreciate knowing if problems with my Samsung Network Extender can be corrected.  I am experiencing the same thing for one year now; I have to climb a hill to get a signal.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I would appreciate knowing if problems with my Samsung Network Extender can be corrected.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jphcc,

Help has arrived. We are more than happy to help you with your network extender. What type of problems are you having with it?

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: I would appreciate knowing if problems with my Samsung Network Extender can be corrected.
jphcc
Enthusiast - Level 2

it looses contact with GPS satellite.  I have not had service since the last of last month unless I climb the hill.  I was told my location had Verizon coverage before I signed up.  Other than at home, the phone works fine.  I was told to purchase the Network Extender and I would have the good service signal.  When the Extender is working, it is all very good.  But, for some reason I loose the signal; no blue lights; all blinking red.  I have not changed anything.  I call tech support; unplug Extender, wait 2 min; plug back in and wait.  Sometimes the GPS finds the signal after three or four hours.  Other times I call back and repeat the process.  I returned the Extender for a new one; replaced the SIM card; When I went down the last time, I waited for just the GPS plug to come in the mail; set it up, wait, called tech support, waited and it never came back.  Last week, I extended the long cord with the GPS plug attached, out the window, twelve feet away from the screen and any steel structure, waited and it still did not find a signal.  Almost a year this has been going on.  Can you please help me?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jphcc,

Thanks for providing us with that information. When did you get the Network Extender replaced? What kind of cell phone device do you have? When you pulled the plug for the network extender did you just pull it from the power outlet? We would suggest to pull it from the power outlet and from the home internet router. Keep them both unplugged for about and minute and plug them back in. It will take a few minutes for it to boot itself up all the way. Please keep me posted.

KevinR_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jphcc
Enthusiast - Level 2

I received the second extender in Nov 2013; I have a iPhone 5;   everyday, I unplug the extender from the power and disconnect from the router; wait 1 min. and reconnect.  Daily, all through March.  I still do not have service in the office. 

I am paying over $100 a month, can you help me with some adjustment to my bill?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jphcc, looks like this will require a deeper dive to get that working the way it should be. Let's bring an end to this daily hassle. Could you send me a direct message so I can take a closer look at it?

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jphcc
Enthusiast - Level 2

the top and bottom lights are solid blue; the second light is slow flashing red; the third light is solid red.  I have not been able to use my phone in the office all month.  I am beginning to think Verizon has no solution and the recommendation for the network extender was false hope.  I cannot just keep replacing parts every few weeks and not have the confidence that the phone will work.

I appreciate your time.

James Harrison

0 Likes