IPHONE 5 BATTERY LIFE
daishabunn15

I have become completely fed up with my iPhone 5 battery. My phone often (everyday, multiple times within the day) will go from 100% to 20% in 20 minutes with NO use. No apps are running as I close them every single time I lock my phone. Not only does my battery drain quickly but it does not even die completely. My phone will "die" aka shut off at random points in my battery life. To this date the most recent was my phone turning off while my battery was at 78&!!! My phone is becoming a burden...an unreliable burden. I was recently in a car accident...I go to call 911 and my phone turned off at 60%. While I pay a bill monthly the least I could hope for is a phone that actually works. I refuse to pay hundreds of dollars for charging cases or portable chargers when I feel Verizon or Apple should  resolve this problem. I have 7 more months until my contract runs out and I can not imagine them with a phone that doesn't work. If anyone has any suggestions I could try to increase my battery life it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: IPHONE 5 BATTERY LIFE
LDupes

I had/have the same problem.  A few things that have helped me are 1) never use full brightness.  2) turn off roaming 3) shut down apps not is use 4) turn off location services for most apps and, most effective, 5) turn off using cellular data for apps.  (this can be done by going to settings --> Cellular--> scroll down to see which apps are using cellular data and turn off the ones which you don't use outside of WiFi.  Hope this helps!

0 Likes
Re: IPHONE 5 BATTERY LIFE
tracimarie86

It's probably too late for this, but Apple is replacing batteries for iPhone 5 devices within a certain serial number range, sold between September 2012 and January 2013.  Verizon will not tell you this because they would much rather have you pay an arm and a leg for a new phone.

https://www.apple.com/ae/support/iphone5-battery/

0 Likes