IPHONE 5
scottshad

I just wondering if anyone has any info the IPhone 5, like when will it be released? Will Verizon be selling it? ETC!

Thank you

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: IPHONE 5
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

you need to call apple corp and eask for the ceo, cfo, ect

or if you have steve jobs cell number.

one of these people may be able to answer this question

0 Likes
ncurry504
Steve jobs isn't taking any more calls about it.
0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

nobody knows, but i suspect it won't be for a while. apple is working on a smaller, cheaper iphone with a slide out qwerty. it won't be the ip5, but more of a lower end "little brother" to the iphone.

0 Likes
emike2k3

Apple has a fairly consistent release schedule for their products so a June announcement at the WWDC is when new iPhones are announced with them going on sale about three weeks later.  Most signs are pointing to Apple using cheaper parts such as cameras and less flash memory in the next iPhone to bring down costs.

0 Likes
tim40

Who would want to waist their money on such a cheap phone. I can not see sacrificing the quality of the phone and cheapen it. The Iphone has been a quality phone, to cheapen it would be a major dis appointment.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

emike2k3 wrote:

Apple has a fairly consistent release schedule for their products so a June announcement at the WWDC is when new iPhones are announced with them going on sale about three weeks later.  Most signs are pointing to Apple using cheaper parts such as cameras and less flash memory in the next iPhone to bring down costs.

Yes for AT&T. Verizon will be next year and I will put money on it. Apple isn't stupid to release a device just to pull out another device shortly there after. People need to stop bundling things together.
0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

Tidbits wrote:

emike2k3 wrote:

Yes for AT&T. Verizon will be next year and I will put money on it. Apple isn't stupid to release a device just to pull out another device shortly there after. People need to stop bundling things together.

Wouldn't it technically make them more money to do that? I mean, people who were itching to get the iPhone on Verizon would most likely itch to get the iPhone 5 when it comes out, and would probably be willing to pay full retail price for it. It just seems to me that Apple fans are so set on having the newest Apple device that it would be a money making strategy to put out another iPhone.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend
No. How people you think is holding out for the 5? If they were going to release a Verizon version for this year they wouldn't have sold the 4. They would have released it as the same time of the AT&T version. With all the complaints with activation during the first full weeks itbwould be worse for 2 different carriers. Making it tiered would reduce network traffic for Apple. It makes more financi sense
0 Likes
Ringfinger1999

I'm guessing next year!

0 Likes