IPhone 5c time not changing
Knine00
Enthusiast - Level 1

My wife and I decided to change from sprint to verizon 20 days ago. We both got the new iPhone 5c's. Over the last week I noticed my phones time would be off by couple minutes, sometimes a few hours. My wife went to the verizon store and the customer service rep was very short with her and said it was an apple problem. I decided to do my own research. I found more people that had this problem and they found out it is a Verizon problem. I have had the phone less then 30 days. Mean while my wife's phone works great. I have been close to being late to work due to the time not being right. I have tried the hard reset and made sure my software is up to date. Not sure what to do next. Any help would be great!!!!!!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: IPhone 5c time not changing
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Knine00

Thank you for replying. I did find this issue on Apple's site. Please ensure the Software is up todate and retest. See the troubleshooting steps here: http://support.apple.com/kb/ts3920

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Knine00!

Let's get this resolved for you once and for all OK? I have some steps for you to try.

First, please make sure LTE is on. Please go to Settings/Cellular/Enable LTE.

Once that is done, please go back to your home screen, and go to Settings/General/Date & Time/Go to Set Automatically and turn it off, then back on. Then, please monitor the device and keep me posted.

Thanks!

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support

0 Likes
Knine00
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had the LTE on the whole time. I also have tried to turn off and on the time auto switch. The one thing I did notice earlier this week is if I turn the time auto off then on and then I back out to the home page, press my power button to turn the screen off then turn press the power button back on, I can watch the time update. For instance I can watch the time go from whatever the phone shows to the actual current time.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for trying Knine00. Does the time issue occur in multiple zip codes and states? You mentioned a hard reset. Was this done with a restore?

JonathanK_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
Knine00
Enthusiast - Level 1

Don't know about states but I live in a different zip code then I work and it happens at both. I have done a hard reset numerous times and it still does it!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for confirming Knine00. A hard reset is the final step for troubleshooting a device. Was the reset completed with a restore?

JonathanK_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
Knine00
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes it was.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Knine00

Thank you for replying. I did find this issue on Apple's site. Please ensure the Software is up todate and retest. See the troubleshooting steps here: http://support.apple.com/kb/ts3920

JoeL_VZW

0 Likes
Knine00
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have check my software and it's up to date. It says see your provider.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for checking the software on your phone Knine00. The hard reset should have resolved the issue. Do you have any apps downloaded that specifically work with the time on your device? If so, please uninstall it. If you still have issues with the time, you can also take your phone to a corporate store location or Apple store for a hands on evaluation. You may want to visit a store when you see the time is off. The last step would be replacement of the phone if its still under warranty and has no damage.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes