ISIS Mobile Wallet for iPhone 5
skeet54

I bought the Cashwrap ISIS Mobile Wallet case for the iPhone 5. I followed the instructions, but it doesn't take me to the App Store to get set up. What do I need to do?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: ISIS Mobile Wallet for iPhone 5
rcschnoor
Legend

Have you looked on iTunes?

If it does It appears as if the ISIS app is currently only available with iPhones on the AT&T network. It looks as if you will have to wait for it to become available on the Verizon network.

0 Likes
skeet54

Then Verizon shouldn't be selling these $70 cases in their stores.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Are you sure it was a Verizon store, or simply a retailer which sells Verizon products. A retailer may also be selling items aimed at other providers, not just Verizon. Example would include, but are not limited to, Walmart, Radio Shack and Best Buy. I have not seen these cases in the Verizon stores around where I live.

If it WAS a Verizon corporate store, it is possible the app will be available soon for Verizon iPhones. These cases WERE just released 4 days ago. It is ALSO possible the app store/iTunes has not approved the app for use on Verizon phones yet. Nothing gets in the app store/iTunes without Apple's approval.

You didn't say if you actually looked for the app in the app store or iTunes, but simply followed the instructions included with the case. Possibly, the app is available if you searched for it on the app store on your phone.

Hopefully it will work on Verizon iPhones soon.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
skeet54

1-  We only have a corporate Verizon store in our town.

2-   These cases have been available in this store for close to 30 days, so no, they weren't released 4 days ago.

3-  I searched the app store, and the only ISIS available is for AT&T.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

SEVERAL sources list this product was officially released on January 24 and is only currently available for AT&T.

http://www.macrumors.com/2014/01/24/cashwrap-nfc-case/

http://bgr.com/2014/01/27/iphone-isis-nfc-case-launch/

http://appleinsider.com/articles/14/01/24/incipio-unveils-nfc-based-cashwrap-mobile-wallet-case-for-...

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Incipio-Cashwrap-launches-on-AT-T-case-turns-your-Apple-iPhone-into-a...

NONE of these sources list it as being available on Verizon.

What is the address(or town) of the store you made the purchase. It appears they may have jumped the gun on making that sale.

I would bring the case back to the Verizon store you purchased from and get a refund, OR you can wait until it is compatible with the Verizon iPhone 5.

Additionally, the manufacturer ONLY lists it as being available for AT&T currently.

0 Likes
skeet54

I have been looking at this in the store for nearly a month.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

As I said in my previous post,

"What is the address(or town) of the store you made the purchase. It appears they may have jumped the gun on making that sale.

I would bring the case back to the Verizon store you purchased from and get a refund, OR you can wait until it is compatible with the Verizon iPhone 5."

Whether or not you have been looking at this in the store for nearly a month does not take away the fact the manufacturer "officially" released the product on January 24.

Did you not do any research on this product for the month you were "looking at this in the store"?

skeet54

If it is for sale at a Verizon store, why would I feel the need to research if it was going to work? Anyway, I returned for a refund. They were surprised that it didn't work.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

skeet54 wrote:

If it is for sale at a Verizon store, why would I feel the need to research if it was going to work?

So as long as an item is available in a store, there is no reason to research the product?

I would NEVER purchase an item in a Verizon store, or ANY electronics store without first doing some research on the product I was purchasing to see if it would meet my requirements.

Everyone does things differently, I guess.

Glad you got your refund.Smiley Happy

0 Likes