ISSUES PORTING NUMBERS
EZinn

Hello all,  I need some advice as my local Verizon store says what i need to do is not possible..  Here is my situation..

I currently have active accounts with Verizon, AT&T and Sprint.  My AT&T has 3 phones, 1 still in contract, 2 out of contract.  My Sprint account has 2 phones who are both out of contract.  I would like to order an iPhone 5 with Verizon and port the number from AT&T that still has a contract.  In order to avoid early termination fees, i want to port one of the sprint numbers to AT&T to take the place of the number that i am porting to Verizon for the iPhone 5.  My issue is, as i am told, once i port my number from AT&T to the new Verizon phone, it will automatically close that account and charge me an early termination fee.  Their is no way to port the number to Verizon and leave the AT&T phone with a new number until i port the Sprint number.  Their must be a work-a-round to get this done!!  Any ideas??? 

Eric-

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: ISSUES PORTING NUMBERS
heyitsmejosh
Contributor - Level 2

well maybe can you port the sprint number over to At&T swap those numbers so the sprint number is on the contract now and not the at&t number you want.. then port the at&t number to verzion?

0 Likes
EZinn

This issue with this is that i dont want to lose any numbers (except the new iPhone 5 number of course).  If i could swap numbers it would be easy, i would swap the AT&T number with the Sprint and than port the Sprint to take over the new iPhone.  To the best of my knowledge it isnt possible to swap.  It would be simple also if AT&T could port my number to Verizon and give me a new number on the contract phone although to the best of my knowledge, its not possible.  The second you port, as i am am told, it cancels that line and you get an early termination fee..

Eric-

0 Likes
heyitsmejosh
Contributor - Level 2

have you tried calling at&t to ask them if it was possible to port that number and keep that line open?? i'm sure they would rather just change your number and let you port

0 Likes
EZinn

I didnt, i will try that.  Since the iPhone announcement, you cant get a hold of anyone at AT&T,  at least not in the US..  Even so, the Verizon associate in my local store told me they wouldn't..

0 Likes