If I buy a phone second hand will I need a 4g sim card?
StefonJonas

If i buy an iphone 5s from ebay would i have to buy a 4g lte sim card to get it working? or can i just activate it without a sim and it'll just have 3g

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Buying an iphone 5s from ebay
Weth
Legend

If it is a clean phone (that is not reported as missing or stolen), you can get a free SIM at a Verizon corporate store.

Be very careful buying on ebay, there is a lot of bad phones sold on ebay. You need to make sure the phone is not blacklisted by Verizon. If it is a reported missing or stolen you will not be able to activate the phone no matter what you try.

By asking this question, I may safely assume you are not aware how to protect yourself. Please be careful. At a minimum get the IMEI number and check it on swappa.com. Also take that IMEI number to Verizon to check on the status of the phone.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

If it is a clean phone (that is not reported as missing or stolen), you can get a free SIM at a Verizon corporate store.

Be very careful buying on ebay, there is a lot of bad phones sold on ebay. You need to make sure the phone is not blacklisted by Verizon. If it is a reported missing or stolen you will not be able to activate the phone no matter what you try.

By asking this question, I may safely assume you are not aware how to protect yourself. Please be careful. At a minimum get the IMEI number and check it on swappa.com. Also take that IMEI number to Verizon to check on the status of the phone.

0 Likes
StefonJonas

Oh ok. thanks that was really helpful. i'll ask all those questions and more before i buy this phone. i didn't know i could get a free sim! i have a verizon store right up the street from me!

0 Likes