If one phone on my family plan upgrades to the Iphone 5 do we all have to change plans?
fatjoey

I want to upgrade to an Iphone 5 but I am currently on a family plan with 5 people. If I upgrade would we have to switch to a "Family Share Plan" ? I want to stay on my current plan but just upgrade.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: If one phone on my family plan upgrades to the Iphone 5 do we all have to change plans?
ricrac123
Enthusiast - Level 3

Should be no problem.  I did the same thing whent the iPhone4S came out. 

I had the Famly Share plan with a total of 5 phones on the account and I was able to upgrade my cellphone to the 4S and I kept my family share plan with no changes other than upgrading my phone.   No Prob!

0 Likes
Re: If one phone on my family plan upgrades to the Iphone 5 do we all have to change plans?
Matoya
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm on a family plan with my mother. I upgraded to the iPhone 5, and wail I had to give up my unlimited data for the 2 GB per month plan, my mother's data plan wasn't affected. You don't have to go onto the family share plan if you don't want to. The only way you would need to choose a new data plan is if you currently have grandfathered in unlimited, and even then you don't have to choose family share.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

No, you don't have to go onto the Share Everything plan if you don't want to; you can remain on the Nationwide Family Share calling plan and just choose a tiered data feature.

cinnamon013
Enthusiast - Level 2

They made us change.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Who "made" you?  I suppose Apple may be like BestBuy and others and only be able to offer the new Share Everything plan.  But if you get your phone through Verizon, you do not have to change to the Share Everything plan; you can choose a tiered data plan and keep your Nationwide Family Share calling plan.

0 Likes
cinnamon013
Enthusiast - Level 2

I initially called VZ Customer Service and was told I had to change.  We have two 4S's currently and 3 dumb phones.  I got mad and didn't order new i5's.  I called back to VZ CS later, and was told the same thing.  We could not keep unlimited.  We had to change to share everything in order to order the i5's.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

No, you cannot keep unlimited unless you pay full retail price or buy the phone from some place like ebay or craigs list.  If you got a subsidized phone from Verizon, you should be able to choose a tiered data plan for that line.  You do not have to switch the account to Share Everything.

0 Likes
fatjoey

I want to order the phone on my moms line.. Then i want  to use it on mine to keep my unlimited data.. Am i going to have a problem changing my moms plan back to a basic one? Thanks for all the help

0 Likes