Im not able to use the internet or send text messages unless im on wifi, help?!
elphillips2289

I'm in Sitka, Alaska. I bounce off of the Extended network but am still unable to send/receive texts or use the internet unless I'm connected to wifi. Has anyone experienced this or have any suggestions? I've already spoken with Verizon and everyone "has never had this problem before."

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Im not able to use the internet or send text messages unless im on wifi, help?!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's important that you're able to use your service, elphillips2289. I've reviewed the coverage area and you are in an area of extended 3G. Have you tried adjusting settings to improve service? For example Settings>Cellular>Roaming>enable Voice & Data roaming.

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Im not able to use the internet or send text messages unless im on wifi, help?!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's important that you're able to use your service, elphillips2289. I've reviewed the coverage area and you are in an area of extended 3G. Have you tried adjusting settings to improve service? For example Settings>Cellular>Roaming>enable Voice & Data roaming.

AndreaS_VZW

0 Likes
elphillips2289

Andrea, thanks for looking into this. When I spoke with customer service I was told to leave my roaming at voice only. I can change it to voice and data and see if it resolves the issues, how will the constant roaming affect my bill, will there be a significant increase in charges if I'm constantly roaming?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

elphillips2289, I can totally understand your concern about roaming cost. If you are currently on the More Everything Plan there is no roaming fees while you are in the United States. I would recommend on doing the steps that Andrea did provided. Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

0 Likes