Incoming calls are going directly to Voicemail, Iphone 5S
michaelquerty

I switched phones from an Iphone 4 to this Iphone 5S and my incoming calls are going directly to voice-mail and not ringing the phone. The only app I downloaded that is different from my Iphone 4 is the GroupMe app, but I don't know if that is necessarily the cause. Anyone have a suggestion? thanks

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Incoming calls are going directly to Voicemail, Iphone 5S
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

michaelquerty,

Let's get those calls flowing without a problem. How was the device change processed? Did you receive a message on the iPhone 5S indicating the activation was sucessful? Try this http://vz.to/1cB2p7A to make sure it activates. 

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tessa77d

I am having the exact same problem. It was fine yesterday and today this happens! I reset the network settings and that did nothing. This is annoying!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tessa77d lets get you back in the loop! Fill us in on the details and we'll get right to work! Are you still experiencing trouble? If so, what zip code are you located in? Does this happen everywhere or a specific location? Are you able to make outgoing calls? To ensure that call forwarding wasn't accidentally activated, please disable by http://vz.to/1j1DvUd 

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tessa77d

It only happened yesterday. It seems to be fine today. I just got this

phone 2 weeks ago and never had the problem before with my 4s and my

husband doesn't have this problem with his 5 (we are on the same acct). I

did *73 to disable the call forwarding yesterday and that didn't help.

Neither did resetting the network. Nothing helped. My zipcode is 29607.

Tessa

On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 1:52 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate the additional details,tessa77d.
Since you switched phones, is the iPhone 4 turned off? If not, please ensure that it is completely turned off.
We want to make sure you don't miss a beat with those calls going forward.
Make sure Do Not Disturb is disabled http://vz.to/1cxRs7D on the 5S. Please let me know how it works after that.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
hockeymom13

Hi,   I don't know if this info will help many, but for a few it may.  I had this problem over the weekend.  Called Tech Support 2x, they tried everything, resetting,, *73,  *228, *900 , there were no "do not disturb" settings, etc.   They prepared a work ticket for the next level of help.

Meanwhile, I couldn't figure out what changed all of a sudden.  I knew I had no calls coming in after accessing my voicemail.  I looked at my recent calls and noticed i had dialed a *83 prior to the voicemail *86.  Fat thumbs.  I remember years ago, having the features of *83 for do not disturb and *84 to stop the feature.   Just for giggles, i dialed *84, tried from another phone calling my number and WHOOLA, it came thru.

If anyone has these issues, try the *73 first.  But just for the heck of it, do *84 as well.  Takes half a second.   If those dont' work, then call Tech Support.  I wanted to share to help at least some of you as I understand the frustration of not having incoming calls.  I even called Tech Support and shared the info.  As this was not an option given to me from Tech Support,  but then again, i don't believe *83 or *84 is offered anymore.  I just dated myself, but hope it helps others !

0 Likes
jb3030

wanted to add cause it helped me...  I inadvertently dialed *83(looked back in my log)  and did *84 to remover call forward. That fixed my issue with my note 5... Its not a phone issue, but a system issue... big thumb to be precise..lol

went 3 days and 17 voicemails without knowing it.

0 Likes