Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Inconsistent LTE coverage on iPhone 5 (Jersey Shore area)
robman8023

I was looking forward to rocking LTE no matter where I went.  My work addresses are along Route 9 in Lanoka Harbor and Bayville, NJ and my home address is within 1 mile of the GSP in Forked River.

At all three locations, I'm lucky (?) to have 2 bars of (unstable, unusable) LTE.  It is really disappointing.  According to the coverage map I am literally in the epicenter of LTE coverage at all three locations.  The only time I have been able to enjoy LTE speeds are when I'm literally within eyeshot of the LTE tower (near WOBM Radio Station in Berkeley) or one time at a meeting up in Metropark.  The rest of the time the phone reverts to 3g or (gasp!) Edge coverage, and the data connection is useless at 1-3 bars.

Has anyone else experienced this and found a solution or explanation?  I've been lurking on the forums for a few days and I've tried all the basic troubleshooting steps, but I'm just not sure if my expectations were too high, or if there really is something wrong with my phone or the network where I live/work.

Any input would be nice, I'm having serious buyer's remorse as AT&T's "4G" HSPA+ network was much more stable and usable even though it wasn't true 4g, so I'm missing having that available...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Inconsistent LTE coverage on iPhone 5 (Jersey Shore area)
coryjb

I feel the same way. I came from AT&T.

0 Likes
Re: Inconsistent LTE coverage on iPhone 5 (Jersey Shore area)
PeteBoston
Novice

While I did not have the pleasure of visiting NJ, I just completed a 3-day trip to NYC and you can find my VZW iPhone 5 experience at:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4329076?start=255&tstart=0

I welcome you to add your experience to this thread. If you haven't already, I would try a nano SIM swap as step 1 of troubleshooting, but that alone has not made me a happy iPhone 5 VZW LTE camper in Metro Boston / NYC.

0 Likes