International text sent but not received in UK
judyduj

So my iPhone 4, still on my account, can send texts fine to my friend in the UK, (real texts, not iMessage)

But the iPhone 5 fails.  Texts show as delivered, but my party in the UK does not receive them?

I've been to the Apple Store three times and they gave me a new iPhone 5 yesterday just in case!  Still the same problem. Any ideas? 

It is working to some people in the UK, including another friend on her blackberry. So this is really confusing. Again, iPhone 4 fine, iPhone 5, fail.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: International text sent but not received in UK
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi judyduj,

Let's look into this! You mentioned being able to send international text messages to certain people but not others. Have you confirmed with the recipient of the undelivered message if they are experiencing issues with their service? Have you checked to sure the phone number of the recipient is entered correctly? I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks for your contribution to our community forums,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
judyduj

yes and yes and yes. I just know my neice was able to receive a text from my iphone 5 on her blackkberry, but she could not respond as she does not have an international plan.  

But really,, why is the iphone 4 working and the iphone 5 not? that makes no sense

I see others have problems receiving, but this problem is the UK party is not getting the messages, only from the iphone 5.   Again, this is the 2nd iphone 5 now. 

It is not how it is dialed. It's been checked and doubled checked. It's been put in as 01144... and +44..  (that would not make a difference anyway).

0 Likes
judyduj

yo, little help here. you dropped me like a bad habbit.  I still can't text my friend in the UK

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi judyduj!

We didn't forget you! I'm sorry to learn that your friend from the UK is still not receiving your messages. It seems as if you have already checked the dialing pattern and know how it all works, especially since you have used your iPhone 4 in the past to send messages to and from this person. I have to say that your issue puzzles me. I myself occasionally send a message to the UK, so I know the pattern you mention above is correct. The model of the phone you have shouldn't make a difference when it comes to messaging.

After some research, I'm not showing an issue with the iPhone 5 and international messaging, so I'd like to ask you some questions as well as try some troubleshooting.

Are you being billed for these messages? If you are not, then the message is somehow not making it at all. If you are indeed being billed for the messages, then the message is making it through the system. Please let me know if you are being charged for them or not.
Please reset your network settings: http://bit.ly/XkEGTg and try again. Don't worry, no data is lost when doing this.

Keep me posted on the results, thank you!

Christina B
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes