Internet doesn't work when I am on a phone call
farmgirl06

Hello,

Since getting the iPhone 5 I have not been able to access the internet when I am on a phone call.  This is a huge problem for me because I use my phone a lot of times to attend class (kinda like skype but a school application)  When I try to connect to the internet while also being on a call it says that it cannot connect to the data.  I really need help with this ASAP!!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Internet doesn't work when I am on a phone call
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can blame that one on Apple.  They didn't install the necessary radio needed for the iPhone 5 to handle data and voice simultaneously.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no! The last thing we want is for you not to be able to enjoy the wireless services that you are subscribed to. Please allow me to assist in any way that we can. The iPhone 5 does not have the ability to access the web while on a phone call unless connected to wifi. While this is an amazing functionality, we have several 4G LTE Android smartphones that embodies this capability. May I ask when did you purchase the iPhone 5? If you are within 14 days of purchase than you can exchange the device for a smartphone that has this functionality. Let me know if you need help shopping.

Thank you...

Arnett_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

Not applicable

Unlike AT&T which uses the 3G for data while on a call and 4G for everything else. but you are correct the iphone on verizon is not capable of that function.

You would have thought with each new version the capability would be there. oh well.

0 Likes
Sawdust71

I have the same issue. Will switch to AT&T because of it

0 Likes
Loquat
Master - Level 1

This is a very old thread...and this isn't something new to Verizon.  Unless you have a device that supports VoLTE (and even that is spotty in some locations) you can't access data while on a cellular call. 

0 Likes