Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Iphone 5 Mobile Hotspot
Jcr918

I have been having problems with  mobile hotspot on my Iphone 5 & Ipad 4 for over a year now. I really  need some help I can't deal with this anymore. I am able to connect to  my iphone 5 and Ipad but after about a few mintues I seem to get  disconnected I have the same issues with my LTE Ipad 4 and Iphone 5.  Once disconnect the sid no longer shows up from my two devices I then  have to reset network setting and re boot after that I can stay  connected for awhile but then it's the same repeat process.  I have  spoken to Verizon about this issue they reffer me to apple after doing a  lot of re search seems this is a big problem for others as well on Verizon while moving in a vehiclel  .

I  am able to keep my ipad connect to my macbook  pro using blue tooth but  even that drops off from time to time.  Signal is not a issue there are  times where I am on LTE and I lose connection and I can't reconnect  without resetting everything.

This  is so annoying I am a storm chaser and having reliable internet in my  vehical is imporant so I can retrive radar updates. I ditched my mobile  hotspot for the Ipad because I could save $10.00 per month using the  ipad and told it would serve the same purpose  to have it connected to the account BIG MISTAKE

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Iphone 5 Mobile Hotspot
Jcr918

After speaking with a rep I have been informed that the Iphone 5 & Ipad 4 lte do not do Mobile Hotspot over 3G.  You got to be kidding me ?

This make's the device useless if you travel. I am currently working with the storm manager about getting a free hotspot or something since BEFORE buying the Ipad 4 I was informed it would work just like my jetpack would and not it don't

This is ridiculous I am SO UPSET that I can not get reliable internet connection through my apple devices

0 Likes