Iphone 5 connectivity worse than Iphone5
wirelesscust

I just got an iphone 5 and (like my wife's new droid) the verizon connectivity at our house went from bad (old phones) to worse (can't connect/send text).  Looking at returning my new phone, reverting my contract extension and replacing my wife's with her old 'flip phone' so that we can have connectivity.  Has anyone had a regression once they went to the 4g world or is it lte?  Location - Windham, NH

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Iphone 5 connectivity worse than Iphone5
wirelesscust

that should say ....worse than iphone 4

0 Likes
budone
Legend

If the 4G antenna is not pointing your direction, you can have a diminished signal. Most towers, one 3G antenna is removed to add a 4G antenna. So if not pointed in your direction you could have an issue.

Place the Droid in 3G mode and see if the signal increases. If so, then I would guess I am correct in my guesstimation

0 Likes
wirelesscust

Thanks,  I will try that with the driod tonight.  Assuming this works, I take it that I cant do anything with my new iphone and I should return it within the return period and revert my contract extension.

thanks

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Let us know the outcome. VZW and other providers will add add'l antennas as time moves on, but that time table is anyones guess.

0 Likes