Iphone 5 & prepaid plans...
Lissaleighann

Can you set the iphone 5 up on a prepaid plan? I'm 17 & I can't afford a bill every month.. It's a lot easier to go buy a phone card every month...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Iphone 5 & prepaid plans...
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Lissaleighann,

I totally understand where you're coming from! I definitely want to help get you started with our prepaid service. Currently, this phone is not compatible with our prepaid service. But you can reach our prepaid service at 888-294-6804 for additional assistance. They will be more than happy to advised of what other phones you can activate with our prepaid services.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

JohnB_VZW...  From what I'm reading, the iPhone 5 became available for use on prepaid as of yesterday (7/17/14), as noted in the earlier post:

ALLSET PLANS - 4G LTE Smartphones

The iPhone 5 is also listed as an option on the Prepaid web site:

4G Smartphone Plans -Verizon Wireless

Or am I misreading and/or misunderstanding the article and web site?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you tikibar1 for bringing this to our attention. You are correct with your understanding of the article. You are able to activate 4G LTE devices with prepaid, although some compatibility may vary with older devices. The devices that we currently offer that do support prepaid pricing can be found on our website. http://vz.to/1n0Yp9X

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

ithoughtthiswassuppos

You can bring the iphone 5 to Verizon.  But if it's not a "verizon phone", although you will be able to make and receive calls and texts and use data, you won't be able to register on myverizon or be able to call any customer service numbers (either 800 numbers or 888 numbers or *611 or any other *numbers.)  And, even though you can talk to a representative (using a landline or different cell phone) and set up autopay it is impossible to add bridge data.  At least that's what I've personally encountered.

0 Likes