Iphone 5 shipping
joshhalley
Enthusiast - Level 2

Does anyone know if my card will be charged on the 21st? I read in an earlier post that I wouldn't be charged until it was shipped. Also is the 21st the ship date? because in the conformation email it says the 21st is the date it will be delivered by.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Iphone 5 shipping
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Your card will be charged when the phone is marked as shipped (this would be when a tracking number is generated by VZW, not necessarily the day that it is on a truck).

0 Likes
dylan_doomsday
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm actually curious about this as well.  I think we'll need some folks that have preordered in the past to chime in.  If it's not SHIPPING until the 21st, Verizon can cancel my order, and I'll go wait in line at the Apple Store.  I'm not normally this eccentric about getting things on the release day, but I'm ready to throw my Moto Droid 2 Global through the wall.  I'm tired of the POS.  In addition, I'm having the phone shipped to an address I'll be at while on vacation, so if I don't get it within a couple days of the 21st, it's pointless to send it there.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

I have pre-ordered in the past. That date is approximate. Most of us in the original iPhone 4 VZW release that pre-ordered when it started received our devices before the date provided (and before it was available in store by a few days).

0 Likes
joshhalley
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree with dylan_doomsday. I would rather pick it up than wait longer.

dylan_doomsday
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'd love to receive it before it hits stores.  The sooner the better.  As long as they don't come back and say "Oh, by the way, that's the date we told everyone.  Unfortunately, you won't get yours until March" or something ridiculous like that.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Honestly, it depends on your area (as far as if you will be better off waiting). If your local stores don't see high demand you maynot even have to do the waiting in line madness...problem is, there is no real way to predict that. My mother decided she wanted an iPhone 4 after mine arrived from the pre-order...we placed her order online but then realizing it was taking a lot longer to get confirmation than it took me we decided to call one of our local stores the morning of the release and asked if they had it in stock still and if it was crowded. It was not crowded and the rep told us we could come in and they would cancel the online order, contact CS to make sure they cleared it and then let us purchase in store. We were in and out of the store within 15-20 mins. People in other areas were not as lucky....and had to get on a waiting list. I would suggest maybe keeping your online order in tact...and if you haven't received it before the 21st then go stand in line at the store...and have them cancel your online order. Thing is...in order for them to cancel it can NOT be marked as "shipped" (even if it's not on the truck yet. It can't be in the system with a tracking label waiting to be picked up in order to be actually shipped).

0 Likes
johnita36
Enthusiast - Level 3

When I ordered the iphone 4 through verizon I ordered on pre-order day and I received my iphone 3 days before release day. And I believe most that ordered pre-order also received theirs the same about 3 days before release day. Like someone else stated I was charged the day my phone was marked as shipped.

0 Likes
Acluff21

I read that all the iPhones will have a 2 week shipping delay, but does that count for the first batch? I ordered mine at 6:40 a.m on the 14th. If it's in the first batch, will it get shipped over the 21st?

0 Likes
iDroid
Contributor - Level 3

Your card will be charged the morning of the 19th-20th when they create and ship your phone.

0 Likes