Iphone 5 took a swim do i need new sim card
mattdpolcyn
Enthusiast - Level 1

Help, my iphone5 took a swim in the caribbean waters when the simple latch on the life proof case flipped open. its definitely a goner after the salt water bath. i tried a bed of rice but i dont think that works with salt water. i have replaced it with another iphone5 and was wondering if i need to get another sim card or not and if i do how do i order one. I am still in the caribbean but would like to have it ready when i get home in a week. I dont think the one in my phone survived to salt water bath either but havent got it out yet.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Iphone 5 took a swim do i need new sim card
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can get a new SIM card free at your local Corporate Verizon store.  You also could call Customer Service and have them send you one (there may be a shipping fee).

0 Likes
mattdpolcyn
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks, i dont have phone service so i guess i will wait until i get back to the states in a week and a half and by then my new/used 5 should be there and i will just pick up a new sim. I couldnt find anyway to order one online or i would and the chat keeps telling me to sign in even though i already am. Im going to try and soak my goner phone in fresh water for a couple hrs and then put it in a bag of rice again for a good couple days. I figured "what the Heck I dont have anything to lose" LOL. Thanks again

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You're welcome.  Will be interesting to hear if your attempt at reviving your phone works.

0 Likes