Re: Iphone 5 update to IOS 7, now visual voice mail does not work
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry your receiving this error message hendzelm. I can understand how important this feature is for you. Have you tried some of the trouble-shooting steps in listed in this thread? If not, lets try resetting the network settings http://support.verizonwireless.com/support/devices/knowledge_base.html/64531/ . Next step is to do a restore via itunes http://vz.to/18Ot9yS . Keep us posted and let us know if it works because next step would be a trouble-ticket or replacement.

KinquanaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
jbtille
Enthusiast - Level 1

Did the same procedure Zona mentioned and worked for me. 

0 Likes
Minwade
Enthusiast - Level 1

I did the same thing - repeated the process a second time.  Like BrianHMB, this did the trick for me.

0 Likes
jsavalla

Worked like a charm...Thank you

0 Likes
FlyingMongoose

I'd like to point out, I have an iPhone 4 and have run the iOS 7.0.2 update and had the Visual Voicemail error and used sulfur's fix, it did not work right away though, I remained within my phone app for a couple of minutes before an error popped up saying that it was attempting to connect to an "untrusted source", I tapped the details of it, it showed that this "untrusted source" is a known domain (and data connection) of Verizon themselves, so I then accepted the connection. After I accepted it my Visual Voicemail then worked.

Make note, I allowed the voicemail to stay in my inbox having been read, I did not delete it from the calling of my voicemail.    

I had previously tried the reset network options, as well as the hard reset to no avail.

0 Likes
JVon0311

I too had this problem and none of the resets worked. Let me explian my scenario and hopefully this will help you too!

I upgraded to the iOS 7 with the iPhone 5. Realized folks were calling but never leaving a voice message (from the lack of notifications). Finally called my own number and heard a automated voice message in a Ladies Voice saying "Soandso is unable to take you call please leave a message". Note that I had a custom greeting. I left a test message and waited to see it on the phone...nothing. So I called my number again and pressed "*" when the voice message picked up and put in my pin. Low an behold 57 messages....so after going through all of them realizing I missed calls from Grandparents in TX, bank and other important people...thanks...I started looking for a solution. None of them worked except this one:

dial *73 > click call > wait for short tones > phone hangs up on its own

dial *900 > click call > wait for short tones > phone hangs up on its own

dial *920  > click call > wait for short tones > phone hangs up on its own

To ensure Call forwarding is turned off, dial *73

To ensure No-Answer-Transfer Call Forwarding is off, dial *920

To ensure Busy Transfer is off, dial *900

Once I did that I called back and heard my own voice message I had set up and I got the notification on my iPhone..I am back in business. Hope this helps.

0 Likes
ubor

My iPhone 4S had problems with visual voicemail when I updated to iOS7 a few weeks ago. I just noticed today that there is a new update to 7.0.3 for iOS7, so I downloaded this and restarted - the visual VM problems seems to have been a bug fix in this update.

0 Likes
whmscl
Enthusiast - Level 2

I upgraded my iPhone 4S to ios7 and then ios 7.0.3. It was after updating to ios 7.0.3 that I noticed that visual voicemail was not working. I reset my password and nothing happened, but when I called myself and left a voicemail message, everything immediately went back to normal. Very strange, but thanks everyone who posted the tip on here!!

0 Likes
jlw1130

I just got my new 5s yesterday and am having this problem. I have spent all night trying all of these different "fixes" and nothing is working. Please help Smiley Sad

0 Likes
cabozz6
Enthusiast - Level 1

Did your problem get resolved? I have the same problem.

0 Likes